KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that federal ministers continue to "unnecessarily" criticize the Sindh government and mislead people, forcing Sindh government ministers to respond to them to tell the people the truth.
"In our response it is said that we are creating controversy even though we have no such intention," the provincial information minister said in a statement issued here.
“We have been saying since the first day, when the first coronavirus case arose, that we don't want to get involved in scoring or the blame game. It is time to take immediate action and decisions to save lives. "
He said that since February 26, according to the directives of the president of the Pakistan People's Party, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, the prime minister of Sindh had been in constant contact with the prime minister and had taken the necessary measures or decisions to save his life. of people.
The Sindh minister said "untimely and unfounded" criticism from federal ministers and federal spokesmen ruined the entire environment.
He said this was unacceptable to spokesmen and federal ministers that the media was "praising" the Sindh government for its good work.
Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that if the Sindh government's proposal had been accepted and two full 15-day blockades had been implemented, the situation could have been completely different today.
The minister said the ongoing battle against the coronavirus was now long and could last for months.
"People will now have to live by a certain way of life," he said.
The provincial information minister said that if companies were allowed to open, entrepreneurs could operate under a special standard operating procedure.
Syed Nasir Hussain Shah revealed that more than 225 children have been infected with coronavirus in Sindh so far.
"This is a very dangerous situation that could be even more dangerous if we are not careful," added the minister.
"The Sindh government has never attempted to take credit for being the first government to take effective measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus."
Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that whatever name the federal government wanted to give the shutdown, the Sindh government would not mind, but it was time to take all necessary steps immediately to stop the spread of the coronavirus to save lives.
He said that if the Sindh government had any information about the rapid spread of the coronavirus in any district, then not only would the number of tests have been increased in that particular district, but all necessary precautions would have been taken immediately as well.
He stated that the provinces did not get the support they should have received from the federation.
Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that PPP President Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari had also requested at his press conference to support all provinces and not just Sindh.
The provincial information minister said the provinces were taking all possible measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus, but the federal government was not doing so.
"When the prime minister says that some" elites "have decided on the blockade, then who will follow it or what kind of message will go to the common man."
The provincial information minister said the constant release of such messages from the Prime Minister's House was not only unfortunate, but could also be detrimental to the efforts.
He clarified that the Sindh government also cared about poor people and daily wage earners, adding that the Sindh government was taking all necessary steps to save these people's lives in light of the advice of medical experts.
Posted in Dawn, May 4, 2020