The application for Terra Summer Residency Fellowships 2020 is open. Founded in 2001, Terra Summer Residency brings together doctoral scholars from American and emerging artists for a nine-week residential program in Giverny, France.
The program encourages reflection and discussion by providing seminars and mentoring to senior scholars and artists, while encouraging independent work. Terra Summer Residency offers participants the opportunity to expand their academic and creative horizons, explore international cultural perspectives, and build lifelong exchanges and professional networks. In 2020, Terra Summer Residency runs from June 8 to August 7.
Terra Summer Residency colleagues receive:
- A salary of $ 5,000 (artists receive an additional $ 300 for the purchase of materials);
- Travel donations (up to $ 500 for individuals traveling in Europe, up to $ 1,200 for individuals traveling in the United States and Canada, and up to $ 1,500 for individuals traveling from other destinations);
- Terra Foundation dormitory and daily lunch. Due to the nature and format of the program, residents cannot accommodate families (including partners and children) or other guests.
- Candidates worldwide can apply. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Master’s degree or equivalent visual artist at the time of application. Applicants who have completed their degree within the last five years have priority.
- Prior to 1980, a PhD candidate studying American art and visual culture or its role in the context of international art exchange. Applicants at the paper writing stage are encouraged.
- Applicants should be recommended by a thesis advisor or professor or former art inspector. Each professor can recommend up to two candidates each year.
- Applicants for the Terra Summer Residency are assessed by independent juries for their intellectual, creative excellence, academic and artistic performance, and the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary and interdisciplinary communities.
- The program language of the program is English, so all applicants must be fluent. Knowledge of French is an asset but not required.
- Click here to info of a visual artist.
- Click here to apply for PhD