Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) 2020 International Youth Club. AKFC is looking for individuals who can demonstrate their commitment to international development and are ready to apply their skills and experience to challenging overseas internships, driven by the desire to make meaningful changes in the world.
More than 500 young Canadians in the last 30 years International Youth Fellowship Program – An extraordinary opportunity to be a leader in global development. This prominent fellowship is a launch pad for various careers in government, non-profit, media and finance. It offers training programs and eight months of overseas assignments for recent university graduates and young professionals under the age of 30.
Fellows attends a month-long seminar in Ottawa before being placed abroad in Asia or Africa for eight months, building on the skills and knowledge needed to effectively contribute to the host organization. Workshops are facilitated by international development experts based in Canada and abroad.
The International Youth Fellowship Program develops young Canadian skills and supports the work of international AKFC partner organizations. Participants can apply for one of the three streams that best suit their background and interests.
- International Development Management (IDM): ello Rowe benefits from the deployment of various organizations working in areas such as health, education, rural development and civil society strengthening. Deployments include research, project management, communication, monitoring and evaluation positions.
- International Microfinance and Micro Enterprise (IMM): ello Rowe gains experience in organizations related to microfinance or market development to develop the skills of day-to-day operations and evaluation of these programs.
- Young Professionals in the Media (YPM): Fellows is a journalist for the Nation Media Group, the main media outlet in East Africa. With the opportunity to report to print, broadcast and digital media, Fellows acquires the skills to work effectively in today’s global media environment.
AKFC covers major expenses related to expeditions, such as travel and living expenses. Peers must make a one-time donation of $ 1,000 for the expedition.
To become an international youth member, applicants must:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- 30 years old or younger at the time of application deadline
- You can show great interest in the field of international development and in selected social groups.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree
The application is invited to an annual cycle scheduled at the beginning of the new year. Seminars in Ottawa take place in late spring, and in the summer abroad, they start in midsummer and continue for eight months. Fellows also share their experiences with Canadians through a variety of service activities.
Please support to become an international youth friend Share this information because sharing is caring. Thanks.
Click here to apply & For more information visit: AKF Canada. https://www.akfc.ca/