Deadline: March 1, 2020
Support for the “Wells Mountain Initiative Scholars Program 2020” begins. W Every year, WMI supports students as they pursue a variety of educational goals. Support for high schools (colleges, polytechnics, trade schools) is provided. Financial assistance is primarily intended to cover tuition and fees, and directly related costs, including books and supplies.
Wells Mountain Initiative is committed to making social change through education and community building by providing a network of grassroots leaders to provide student scholarship and technical education to bright young people in developing countries and to promote community change.
- Maintain good grades in all college studies
- Become an ambassador for community service and participation
- Perform, record and document 100 hours of community service throughout the year
- WMI Scholar Academic Semester Report and Community Service Report
- Send official semester report cards twice a year
- Talk with the Student Scholar Coordinator publicly about your situation as a student
50-60 scholarships are awarded each year. The maximum scholarship is $ 3,000 USD per year. Scholarships support:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and materials
- Other related costs
The ideal candidate is a male or female student from a country in the following countries:
- Successful completion of secondary education from excellence to excellence
- Under 35 years old on March 1, 2020
- Study in your own country or in other countries of developing countries
- Seek their first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- You will be enrolled in a research program that will benefit your community and / or contribute to the continued growth and development of your home country.
- I plan to live and work in my country after graduation
- Volunteer before signing up for a refund
- There may be other funds available for education, but you will not be able to obtain your own tertiary degree without financial assistance
Tips for becoming a competitive applicant
Here are some suggestions for improving the app.
- Record all service activities (date, activity, time spent, photos, etc.).
- Collect secondary school transcripts, national test results, and scoring keys to interpret the results.
- Request two copies of the recommendation letter in the official stationery to two persons who are professional / personally aware and can show why they are eligible for this scholarship
- Translate all documents into English
Please read the “WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet” and “Frequently Asked Questions for Future Scholars” documents before applying. These two documents will help you determine eligibility and guide you through the application process.
The following are required elements for which an application is considered complete:
- Clear private pictures
- Essay (subject is listed on the application)
- 2020 Application
- Personal essay statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Secondary School Report Card
- Official scoring key to interpret secondary school grades
- 3rd Grade Report Card (if applicable)
- Official scoring key to interpret the third grade
- Official result of the national test
- Official scoring key to interpret national exam scores
For more information visit: WMI Scholarship.