Deadline: January 31, 2020
zan Tanzania-German East African Law Research Center (TGCL) LLM Scholarship 2020/2021 Application has begun. TGCL offers a structured LLM study program at the University of Dar es Salaam Law School and trains East African lawyers to assume regional and other key positions.
Applicants will pursue an LLM program on East African Community Law and Regional Integration Law. This program requires one year full time attendance. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a master’s degree in law and additional TGCL certificate from Dar es Salaam University.
The Tanzanian-German Center of Eastern African Legal Studies (TGL) is a collaborative project between the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and the University of Bayreuth, Germany. The agency is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the German School Exchange Service (DAAD).
TGCL awards scholarships only to applicants from EAC partner countries.
- TGCL’s LLM Program Tuition
- Cost of living 2,880 EUR per year
- Accommodation grant of 360 EUR per year
- Reasonable health insurance for one year
- One-time study allowance of 460 EUR
- Open to candidates from East African Community Partner States (e.g. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda)
- The minimum requirement to enter the LLM program is a bachelor’s degree (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or an equivalent higher education institution.
- The English language of the Law School of Dar es Salaam University is English. Those who are not used to it should not apply.
- At the time of application, applicants who received their last college degree six years ago may be admitted as self-paying students, but will not receive scholarships.
Applicants must register using the online application and submit the following documents electronically.
- Signed resume (use the Europass CV template)
- One page motivation letter
- All relevant certificates (birth certificate, secondary education transcript, transcript, legal or other professional education certificate (or temporary results of the applicant in the last year of the LLB study)); For documents not written in English, an official translation must be attached.
- Recent passport size photos
- Data page in passport or other proof of identity
- Letter of recommendation from a university teacher
- Open letter from employer (if you are hired)
- Proposal of Intended Research
For more information visit: TGCL.