Peking University Yanqing Academy Introduction
Yenching Academy of Peking University is a famous institution in Beijing, China. The agency works to build bridges in mainland China and around the world through its Master of Studies program in China. Through this, the Yenching Academy of Peking University hopes to attract young people from all over the world and all generations to explore China and investigate its contribution to the world, providing a new perspective on China.
At Yenching Academy at Peking University, students will have the opportunity to work closely with the university's top professors and mentors who have their own specializations. Students are free to build their academic career by choosing the course of their choice based on the six programs offered on campus.
In addition to the incredible academic environment on campus, fellowship beneficiaries will have the opportunity to have a lifelong conversation and share their perspectives on Chinese studies not only with youth from mainland China, but also with other students from other regions of the district. This initiative brings together these youth and demonstrates leadership and innovation.
Yenching Scholars Program Information
The Yenching Scholars Program is an annual fellowship provided by the Yenching Academy of Peking University. The areas of study covered in this program, with an emphasis on the field of Chinese studies, include economics and management, history and archeology, philosophy and religion, political and international relations, law and society, literature and culture.
Scholars interested in China and Chinese are strongly encouraged to try this scholarship. The program consists of a series of China study lectures, team lectures, field study strips, academic writing courses, and mandatory Chinese courses for international scholars.
If you do not come from a Chinese studies or Chinese academic background, it does not matter. As long as the candidate has a strong passion for Chinese culture and can conduct interdisciplinary research and meet all program requirements, we recommend that you take it!
Successful applicants to the Yenching Scholars Program will receive all tuition fees paid, free nights at Yenching Academy House, travel expenses for round trips to Beijing, travel back to their home country, basic health insurance, monthly allowances and research related fees.
If you plan to continue your studies in Beijing with good academic performance throughout the university, you can try the Yenching Scholars Program the following year.
If you are an academic interested in applying for the Yenching Scholars 2020 program, you will need to:
- Applicants can be foreigners from mainland China or other countries.
- You must earn a bachelor's degree in any type of program or specialty. The degree must be awarded before 31 August 2020.
- Candidates must have an amazing track record in which they are responsible.
- Great attention should be paid to interdisciplinary research in China.
- It is necessary to have a history of participation in social organizations, extracurricular fame, a strong sense of participation with all forms of community, and show some kind of leadership potential in academia and non-academic areas.
- Prove your fluency in both written and spoken English.
Before prospective applicants apply to the Yenching Scholars 2020 program, several requirements must be met to ensure that the application process is fair and detailed. These requirements include the following:
- Yenching Scholars 2020 program application filled with correct information.
- Personal statements of candidates limited to 750 words.
- Resume with professional experience of the candidate.
- Official transcripts verified by the institution.
- Diploma and / or certificate showing the applicant's registration.
- Letter of recommendation from two reliable figures.
- Proof of English fluency through one of the following tests:
- IELTS (Academic): Full 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): 100 total
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Total 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Full 600
- TEM 4: Above pass level “良好”.
With regard to the results of the English proficiency test, two things should be noted:
- If you are from a country where English is your native language and have earned a degree in an English-based program, you are not obliged to prove your English fluency.
- Candidates who wish to provide test scores from IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge should have these institutions send test scores directly to the Yenching Academy of Peking University.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the Yenching Scholars 2020 program, please pay attention to this note as different types of applicants will have to go through different application procedures.
Candidates in mainland China are still in the process of applying for candidates who are eligible to be exempt from the national graduate entrance examination. See this website page for more details.
For Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan candidates, the application for the Yenching Schoalrs 2020 program is currently open. In addition to applying through the university's internal procedures and through the Yenching Academy Admissions Portal, these three applicants must complete a supplemental application that can be accessed here.
International candidates wishing to study in China are currently open to the Yenching Schoalrs 2020 program. Future applicants should apply through the university's internal procedures and through the Yenching Academy Admissions Portal. International candidates do not need to complete and submit a supplemental application.
Applications for the Yenching Scholars 2020 program will close at 12:00 pm Beijing time on Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Address: Beijing Beijing dian Beijing hai dian Gui Heyuan-ro No.5 Ping Yuan No. 3
- Phone: 86-10-6276 8302 (U. Elaine, Alumni Relations Officer)
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn