Foreign diplomats taken to Neelum Valley to debunk Indian army claim of destroying ‘terror launch pads’ – Pakistan

A team of foreign diplomats posted in Pakistan was taken to the Neelum Valley in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) to witness firsthand if the Indian army had "crashed four terror launching platforms" there early on Sunday, the spokesman said. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Mohammad Faisal. tweet on tuesday.

The diplomats were taken to the Nauseri, Shahkot and Jura sectors near the Control Line (LoC), as well as to the village of Nausada, which has suffered serious damage in the attacks of Indian troops. The trip was organized so that they can verify for themselves the statements made by the head of the Indian army, Gen Bipin Rawat.

The Director General of Public Relations of Inter-Services, Major General Asif Ghafoor, informed the diplomats and the media about the situation in the area. – ISPR

The Director General of Public Relations of Inter-Services, Major General Asif Ghafoor, informed the diplomats and the media about the situation in the area. Visitors were also shown remains of artillery shells that allegedly fired Indian troops from across the LoC.

DG ISPR said that in 2018 there were 3,038 ceasefire violations in India and 58 civilians were martyred while 319 were injured. In 2019, so far there have been 2,608 ceasefire violations due to which 44 civilians have been martyred and 230 injured.

He said the difference between the Pakistan army and the Indian army was that the former follows military standards and only points to Indian positions.

DG ISPR added that foreign diplomats had visited Jura's bazaar and had met with local people and store owners and witnessed firsthand the damage inflicted on stores and houses that India claimed to be launching platforms .

"All innocent people are being targeted by India," he said.

No official from the High Commission of India joined the team that visited the LoC today, said Dr. Faisal.

"The Indian side has not joined us in the visit to the LoC nor provided us with coordinates of the alleged & # 39; launch platforms & # 39;", said the FO spokesman tweeted. He added that India had also not been able to share the coordinates of the launching platforms that the Indian army claimed to have destroyed.

"The & # 39; claims & # 39; of the head of the Indian army remain just that: & # 39; claims & # 39;" he added.

Division General Ghafoor, who last night challenged Indian officials to "take any foreign diplomat / media to" prove " [its allegations] on the floor" – also commented on the absence of Indian officials: "How good [is the] The High Commission of India, which cannot support its army chief

"The staff of the High Commission of India did not have the moral courage to accompany their diplomatic colleagues in Pakistan to the LoC," he tweeted. "However, a group of foreign diplomats and media is on its way to LoC to see the truth about [the] ground."

The development came one morning after the challenge of Major General Ghafoor to the Indian army to prove his claims.

The challenge was issued by General Ghafoor in response to the claim by Indian Army chief Gen Rawat that Indian forces had "crushed four terrorist launching platforms" in the Neelum Valley. Rawat made the claims after six civilians and a soldier from the Pakistan army embraced martyrdom in an indiscriminate and "ruthless" bombardment by Indian troops from across the LoC on Sunday.

Pakistan immediately rejected the accusations as a "pack of lies."

"The Indians have no reason to support the false claim made by their COAS," said Ghafoor, the division general. in a tweet On Monday night. "If you don't want to go, you have the option to share claimed locations with our Foreign Ministry. Tomorrow we will take foreign diplomats and media to those places. Let everyone see the facts on the ground."

He was responding to a tweet from Dr. Faisal, in which the FO spokesman had said that the absence of a response to the offer of Major General Ghafoor by India "indicates that they have no reason to support a false claim of his COAS . We hope they do. " reply soon ".

Bombing & # 39; ruthless & # 39;

On Sunday, six civilians and a soldier from the Pakistan army embraced the martyrdom, while two soldiers and at least nine civilians were injured in AJK after Indian troops resorted to "indiscriminate and ruthless" bombings from the other side of the line of control (LoC) after midnight "without midnight" without any provocation, ”said civil and military officials.

In an appropriate response, Pakistan's army effectively attacked Indian positions across the dividing line, destroying two Indian bunkers, killing nine Indian soldiers and injuring several other troops, said Major General Ghafoor.

According to civil and military officials, the Nauseri sector in the Muzaffarabad district and its adjacent Jura and Shahkot sectors in the Neelum valley, were attacked by Indian troops without pause from midnight onwards, using field artillery, mortars and tracer ammunition to blatantly attack civilians.

In addition to the victims, 39 houses and 28 stores were destroyed, while 93 houses and 60 stores were partially damaged by Indian bombing, the district commissioner said. Dawn. In addition, 16 vehicles, including four motorcycles, were also damaged, he said.

The attack was condemned by Prime Minister Imran Khan, who expressed his condolences to the families of the martyrs and praised the prompt response of the Pakistan army.

After the unprovoked attacks by the troops, the head of the Indian army had claimed that the army had "destroyed" the fields of terror in the Neelum Valley.

AJK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider, in response, described General Rawat's claims as "garbage as his claim regarding [the] Balakot attack. "

He published photos of the victims of the Indian bombing, as well as the shops destroyed along the main road in Jura, and asked the head of the Indian army to behave as a soldier and not as a Bollywood movie writer.

"When the savage Indian troops attack and kill the non-combatant civilian population throughout the LoC, they lie between their teeth to justify a serious violation of all international military laws, conventions and standards," AJK Prime Minister had said.

Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512281/foreign-diplomats-taken-to-neelum-valley-to-debunk-indian-army-claim-of-destroying-terror-launch-pads

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here