Thousands march to Indian High Commission in London as occupied Kashmir lockdown enters 30th day – World

Thousands of demonstrators held a demonstration in London to express solidarity with the people of Kashmir occupied by India, as a paralyzing blockade imposed by the Indian government in the occupied region since revoking its special status entered its thirtieth day on Tuesday.

More than 5,000 protesters gathered in Parliament Square in the British capital and marched to the High Commission of India to protest the oppression of Kashmir at the hands of Indian security forces.

Several local and Kashmir organizations had asked activists and supporters from all over England to come to London and join the protest against the revocation of Article 370 of the Indian constitution, which granted special autonomy to occupied Kashmir.

Protesters carrying banners and waving Kashmir flags chanted slogans of "Terrorist Terrorist, Modi is a Terrorist!" Y "Hum chheen kay lain gay – azaadi!"(We will take by force – freedom!). According to reports, some protesters also threw eggs and tomatoes into the high commission building.

A contingent of police officers was deployed on site to avoid any type of violence.

Geo News& # 39; The journalist in London Murtaza Ali Shah said on Twitter that today's protest attracted a crowd larger than the demonstration on August 15, when thousands of people protested in front of India House in what was also the day of the Independence of India

The Indian government had imposed a strict security blockade and a communications blackout in occupied Kashmir just before it repealed article 370 of the constitution on August 5. Additional troops were deployed in the region, which is already heavily militarized, and Kashmir leaders and activists were arrested.

The blockade and the blackout of communications are still valid one month later, despite the Indian government's claim to have eased some restrictions.

According to Indian expressThe Indian Interior Minister, Amit Shah, told a Harvan delegation in the Srinagar district today that mobile phone services in the region will be restored in 15-20 days.

On Monday, Jammu and Kashmir's chief secretary, Rohit Kansal, said 93 percent of restrictions had been lifted from Jammu and Ladakh and that mobile services had also been restored in the 10 districts of Jammu, the Indian publication reported. .



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here