Saudi Arabia showed remnants of drones and missiles that, he said, were used in attacks against its oil facilities as "undeniable" evidence of Iranian aggression.
Saturday morning's attacks hit a Saudi oil field and the world's largest crude oil processing plant, disrupting the kingdom's oil production.
Saudi officials showed reporters the material at a press conference on Wednesday in Riyadh, the capital of the kingdom.
The spokesman for the Ministry of Defense of Saudi Arabia, Col Turki al-Malki, said unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) of the Iranian Delta wing were used in addition to cruise missiles.
"The attack was launched from the north and undoubtedly sponsored by Iran," he said at a press conference.
The spokesman said "Ya Ali" cruise missiles were also launched at the two oil plants. He added that the missiles have been used by the Revolutionary Guard of Iran.
Al-Maliki said the attack was "unquestionably sponsored by Iran."
"The attack could not have originated in Yemen," he said, questioning the assertion of Iranian-backed Houthi rebels from Yemen that they threw the weapons.
A total of 25 drones and missiles were used in the attacks launched from Iran and not Yemen, the ministry spokesman added.
Iran repeatedly denied being behind the attack. Tehran warned the United States that it will retaliate "immediately" if Iran is the target of the attack against Saudi oil facilities, its state news agency reported on Wednesday, which further increased tensions in the Middle East.
It is possible that Iran’s president and Foreign Minister may not attend next week’s high-level meetings at the United Nations, as the United States has not yet issued visas, IRNA reported.
The UN meeting had been considered as an opportunity for direct talks between Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and President Donald Trump amid a summer of intense tensions and attacks following the unilateral withdrawal of the United States from Iran's nuclear agreement with the world powers a year ago.