The Saudi authorities issued a royal decree that has restructured the visits, transit and Haj policies, effectively canceling the repeated Umrah fares, Arab news reported.
The Saudi publication reported Monday that Saudi minister of Haj and Umrah, Dr. Mohammad Salih Bentin, thanked King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for issuing the decree.
The minister said the decree would allow the realization of "one of the most important objectives of the Vision 2030 reform plan" to welcome 30 million pilgrims from the Umrah for that year and "provide excellent services so they can perform their rituals. with comfort and convenience. " tranquility".
"The royal decree is part of the leadership's willingness to facilitate the arrival of Muslims from around the world to perform Haj and Umrah," said Bentin.
He said that "the decision reveals that the kingdom is ready to receive an increasing number of pilgrims" due to large infrastructure projects and the recent improvement of services in the holy cities of Makkah and Madina, as well as in other revered sites.
Last year, Prime Minister Imran Khan had asked Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman to waive the 2,000 rial tax imposed by the Saudi government on Pakistanis who made more than one Umrah in two years.
In addition, this year the "Camino a la Meca Project" for the pilgrims of Haj was presented, which allowed the installation of immigration prior to departure. Under the project, pilgrims traveling from Pakistan could clear immigration in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar, although the installation began at Islamabad International Airport only from now on.