Deadline: 10 October 2019
You can apply for Positive Youth African (PYA) Purpose Scholarship 2019/2020. This scholarship is for mentally shocked refugees and IDPs, especially orphans, who live in Cameroon. Through this scholarship system, they hope to provide educational and psychological support to refugees and IDPs between the ages of 13 and 19, helping to turn them into painful purposes.
In addition to providing ample funding educational opportunities to study at selected public secondary schools or state universities, the goal is to provide psychological support by ensuring that mentally shocked subjects are healed and released through mindfulness. Through the #Aforgiveness project, objective scholarships will be complemented. Art is especially poetry and storytelling.
Scholarships last up to three years until the student graduates and are available to students at the following secondary education levels: secondary school students, secondary school students, and undergraduate courses.
- Approved Tuition
- Basic school requirements (exercise books, textbooks, school shoes, school bags, uniforms)
- Traffic allowance
- Psychological support through the #Aforgiveness project
- Poetry and storytelling training
- Applicant must be a refugee or IDP residing in Cameroon
- Applicants must be teenagers between the ages of 13 and 19.
- Applicants must have been mentally shocked by armed conflict.
- Applicants should show a strong desire to convert pain into a purpose in the submitted story
- Orphans especially women are advised to apply
- Those who have already entered a public school or state university but do not have the means to pursue their studies are preferred
- I also prefer those who have shown excellent academic records.
- Priority for undergraduate students wishing to study in the arts and literature
Applicants must be selected based on the following criteria:
- How inspiring are their stories
- Willingness to change for pain
- Their academic records
Applicants must submit an online application to record their personal story in 500-1000 words. To submit their academic and transcripts of how they want to change for pain purposes, only the final candidate should be contacted.
For more information visit: PYA Purposed Scholarship.