MNAs Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar released from jail as bail goes into effect – Pakistan

MNA Ali Wazir and Mohsin Dawar were released from jail in the Haripur district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa early Saturday, said the Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement (PTM) and jail sources, more than two days after the two lawmakers obtained freedom on bail from the Superior Court of Peshawar in the Kharqamar attack. case.

Dawar and Wazir, who are leaders of the PTM, were warmly welcomed when they left the prison after midnight by a large number of PTM workers, who had been waiting outside for almost six hours.

Abdullah Nangiyal, PTM member, said DawnNewsTV that Haripur prison authorities had received legal documents and release orders before 6 p.m. Friday, but the MNAs were released at 12:30 a.m.

"The court order was mailed that significantly delayed the release for almost two days," he added.

He said both legislators then traveled to Peshawar to join their families.

On Wednesday, the Bannu bank of the higher court headed by Judge Nasir Mehfooz had conditionally accepted the bail requests of the MNA on the condition of providing two bail bonds of Rs1 million each. The court ordered the two legislators to appear before a relevant police officer once a month and prohibited them from traveling outside the country.

In its detailed order, the bank declared that the conditional bond was granted only for a period of one month, and will be subject to the condition of "good behavior" by the MNA and before the expiration of that period they will have to present a new statement. bail applications in the higher court.

Dawar and Wazir were initially charged in an FIR registered at the Police Department of the Fight Against Terrorism (CTD), Bannu, on May 26 after a confrontation between PTM members and Army personnel near the post of Kharqamar control in North Waziristan, which resulted in death. of 13 people and injuries to several others.

Separately, they were charged in the instant case recorded on June 7 at the CTD police station, Bannu, after an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded on a road in Doga Macha, North Waziristan, when a Army convoy passed through the area. The explosion had left four army officers: a lieutenant colonel, a commander, a captain and a havildar spear, martyred.

An anti-terrorist court in Bannu last month had granted bail to PTM leaders in the second case related to the Doga Macha explosion.

Both Wazir and Dawar were already in CTD custody at the time of the IED explosion ─ had been arrested after the attack on the Kharqamar checkpoint on May 26. Wazir had been arrested the day of the attack, while Dawar surrendered to the security forces a few days later.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here