Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications are invited to McGill University's MasterCard Foundation Scholar Program 2020-2021. McGill University and Mastercard Foundation offer scholarships to economically challenging, academically talented Master students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
This scholarship program is designed to promote the development of sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs by sponsoring outstanding community-engaged students who attend college without opportunities. In addition to financial support, scholarships are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes a variety of mentoring and support services that ensure each student's academic success, community service participation, and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities. This application is only for MASTER (not thesis) applicants.
To qualify for McGill's Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master & # 39; s Program, you must:
- Admission to one of McGill University's qualifying programs (see program list).
- I have never registered / completed a graduate study.
- Recommended by your current McGill professor or employee in the department you are applying to.
- Become a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country and lived a significant part of your life (see list of eligible countries).
- Have an excellent record of services and activities in your school and / or community.
- After completing your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development, you are willing to return home immediately.
- Prove that your financial position is at the lowest quartile in your country.
- Must be under 35 years old at the time of application.
Before you apply, carefully read the step-by-step courses for the 2020-2021 school year.
Download nomination form
For more information visit: Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program.