King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is a leading educational institution in science and technology. Among Saudi Arabia, science, engineering and business / management programs are most appreciated in the country as well. Founded in 1963, the university took fourth place.Work It is one of the top 100 universities in the world that got US utility patents in 2018. In the 2018-2019 school year, KFUPM won 200 awards.Work Position in QS World University rankings.
KFUPM degree programs include Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Master of Engineering, Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Philosophy. The university also provides many financial aid to students enrolled in the KFUPM program. Explore scholarships, grants and awards offered by the university!
King Fahd University offers 32 master's programs and 11 doctoral programs in 27 areas of KFUPM, and welcomes the most promising graduate students from around the country to apply for graduate research. In addition to students nationwide, King Fahd University enrolls international graduate students from 28 countries. This adds to the richness and diversity of the university's academic and research environment.
King Fahd University's master's and doctoral programs are offered in a wide range of traditional disciplines, as well as interdisciplinary programs that anticipate market trends and meet national needs. In addition, King Fahd University offers full scholarships to prominent graduate applicants enrolled in MS or PhD programs at universities with a high potential for original research in engineering, science and business. Registered Masters and PhD students at King Fahd University are offered two types of scholarships:
- Support for Registered Master Students:
- Postgraduate Assistant: Financial assistance is available as an assistant for outstanding Saudi graduate assistants who continue to receive a master's degree from King Fahd University. This graduate assistant candidate must demonstrate outstanding achievement in bachelor's education.
- Research Assistant: Financial assistants can be used as assistants for national and international masters students who excel in undergraduate education.
- Lectures for registered PhD students:
- Instructor: Financial support is available as a lecture and is open to outstanding Saudi instructors who continue to receive PhDs from King Fahd University. Candidates for this course must demonstrate excellent grades in both previous bachelor's and master's education.
- Instructor-B: Financial support as a lecture for national and international doctoral students who excel in previous bachelor's and master's education.
Online support for prospective students is held twice a year for two semesters (fall semester starting in September, spring semester starting in February). Interested and qualified local and international candidates are invited to apply for postgraduate research at King Fahd University by the deadlines shown below.
- Open online application
- Spring semester: September 9, 2019
- Fall Semester: January 27, 2020
- Last day of online application submission and document upload
- Spring semester: September 25, 2019
- Fall Semester: February 12, 2020
- Last day to submit an online recommendation letter
- 2 Oct 2019
- February 19, 2020
Questions about graduate programs and scholarships can be emailed to the Graduate Dean at [email protected] or by calling + 966-3-860-2809. Visit the Graduate Program web page for more information.
KFUPM Student Exchange Program (SEP)
For over 10 years, King Fahd Petroleum and Minerals University has been actively involved in major collaborative projects around the world. King Fahd University's Office of International Cooperation (OIC) is the first liaison to international relations at the university level. OIC strives to foster cooperation and exchanges between universities and other overseas universities, companies, research institutes / centers and renowned scholars to develop international education, joint research and disciplines, and raise the university's global standing.
Reflecting King Fahd University's dedication to global education, OIC established the Student Exchange Program (SEP) in 2007/2008 to enable King Fahd University students to support their studies at one or two semesters abroad. King Fahd University Program. The list of partners includes the best universities in the world.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – Energy Research
- University of Cambridge, UK-Oil and Gas Research
- KAUST, KSA – various research fields in engineering and science
- Germany Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM) – Refining and Petrochemical Research
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Georgia Institute of Science and Technology (GT) – Geographic Signal Processing
- Leland Stanford Junior University, USA – Oil and Gas Research
- University of Arizona (UA)
- Texas A & M University (TA & M)
- University of Illinois, USA
- Lehigh University, USA
- University of North Texas (UNT), USA
- University of Florida (UF), USA
- Cornell University, USA
- Colorado Mining School (CSM), USA
- University of Houston (UH), USA
- Fraunhofer ISE, Germany
- Sheffield Hannam University (SHU), UK
- Japan Japan Cooperation Center (JCCP)
- BASF FZE, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
SEP offers King Fahd University students the opportunity to experience student life abroad, learn new languages, expose new cultures, make new friends and learn how to become a global citizen.
The program has recently expanded to international students interested in visiting King Fahd University. Such students may also receive partial support from King Fahd University.
SEP is an optional activity that King Fahd University students can participate in if:
- Participating students meet the program criteria
- This program does not delay the graduation of participating students
Participating students will be assigned all the materials by King Fahd University to facilitate SEP for their students, but host university admission to SEP is not guaranteed.
To be eligible for SEP, King Fahd University students must meet the following qualification requirements:
- The student's cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is between 4.00 and 2.75 and must be maintained while participating in the program.
- TOEFL score of at least 70 on the Internet-based test (iBT)
- Completed at least 30 credits but not exceeding 80 credits upon application
- There are no schedule conflicts with the school or summer training program.
- International activities where King Fahd University is funded (e.g. summer training, school or international travel)
- Exhibit clear King Fahd University records without academic and non-academic violations in partnership with King Fahd University
In addition to the cultural experience gained from the learning experience and programs, King Fahd University students will receive a number of benefits including:
- The student is entitled to all awards as a regular King Fahd University student
- Distinguished students are eligible to receive Distinguished Student Awards similar to regular King Fahd University students
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, students sponsored by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education (MOE) will be provided with the following benefits:
- Students receive monthly monetary rewards through the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) in the host country.
- The student receives a ticket for economy flight back to the host city.
- The student will receive health insurance during the SEP.
- The university pays all registration and visa related expenses
- Students can receive loans for up to 7,000 Saudi Riyals upon receipt of the SEP Final Acceptance Form. On return, the loan will be deducted from your monthly student scholarship as a monthly installment.
The deadline for applying for SEP for the 2020-2021 school year is November 3, 2019.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or ext. 7703/8067. Visit the SEP web page for more information.
Research Grants and Listings
King Fahd University's Research Dean of Research was originally established as part of the postgraduate dean, responsible for the planning, management, promotion and support of research activities conducted by academics through internal and external funding. The dean's functional responsibilities include research activities such as funding projects, attending professional conferences, Sabbaths, release times, research scholarship programs, and research awards.
DSR provides grants for research in all areas of science, engineering, environmental design and management to encourage productive research and creative scholarships. This support includes:
- Monthly rewards for staff, students, and technicians contributing to the project
- Daily support for paper presentations by attending internationally recognized meetings
- Equipment purchase
- Reimbursement of expenses related to stationery and other items
- Sabbath and Summer Scholar Program Support
There are many different grants offered by DSR. these are:
- Directly funded research grants: Suitable for specific research areas of interest to professors KFUPM. Available to staff and researchers for a period not exceeding 36 months.
- Small / Basic Research Grants: A maximum SR 100,000 budget and period not exceeding 18 months available to faculty and researchers in all research areas related to KFUPM.
- Book Writing and Translation Grants: Moral and financial support for the writing and translation of books.
- Research Group Grants: Developed to encourage the formation of research teams that focus on specific areas.
- Startup Research Grants: Seamlessly transition new faculty from previous research activities to KFUPM's more active research environment.
- Undergraduate Research Grants: Research support for qualified undergraduates interested in excellent research work.
- Social Research Grants: Designed to support research in areas other than science, engineering and business. Designed to support research on relevance to Saudi society and to improve social interaction with KFUPM.
- Bridge Fund Grants are awarded based on the performance of a faculty member or researcher on a previously completed project or a project that is currently ending.
- International Summer Scholarship Program (ISSP): available to all professional staff.
- International Research Collaboration (IRC) Grants: Support the development of existing international collaborations within established research priorities of university strategic research plans.
- Dhahran Techno-Valley (DTV) Research Collaboration Grant: A joint grant that encourages research collaboration with tenants of DTV.
- Key Research Equipment Grants: Support the submission of key research equipment from faculty and existing researchers participating in active research programs.
- Proof of Concept Grant: Helps KFUPM researchers and inventors advance the development of findings on commercialization opportunities.
Research Sector Awards include, but are not limited to:
- Excellence in Research Awards: 8 annual awards for prominent faculty in their majors. Encourage faculty to participate in quality research.
- Best Research Project Award: The amount of money awarded to three completed research projects each year.
- Distinguished Professorship Award: Awarded to outstanding faculty who have demonstrated high productivity and outstanding performance in university research, education and community service.
Find more grants and awards with details on the Deanship of Research web page.