Deadline: September 30, 2019
An application for the Scholarship Fund (IIE-SRF) Fellowship 2019/2020 of the International Institute for International Education has been opened. IIE-SRF is the only global program to arrange and fund fellowships for scholars who have been threatened and displaced by higher education institutions around the world.
This one-year friendship supports temporary study at higher education institutions anywhere in the world, where IIE-SRF colleagues can continue to work safely. In most cases, IIE-SRF colleagues can apply for support for the second and last year.
- The IIE-SRF fellowship includes up to $ 25,000 in grants with personal health insurance to support up to one year (up to two years of renewal) visiting study appointments. The final amount of fellowship depends on several factors, including the location of the host agency, the cost of living and the value of additional contributions from the host agency from other sources.
- Open to professors, researchers and public intellectuals who are unable to continue working in their home countries in the face of threats;
- Scholars in all countries and in all academic or disciplinary fields may also be eligible.
- The following scholars are preferred:
- Have a PhD or the highest degree in your field and have significant teaching and / or research experience at a university, college or other higher education institution.
- Establish published research records.
- Demonstrates excellent academic achievement or commitment.
- Faced or recently escaped an immediate and targeted threat to the life and career of his or her country of residence;
- It will be helpful to home and / or host academia.
Applicants are evaluated based on their academic qualifications and experience, quality of work and / or potential, and urgency of the threats they face.
The necessary application materials are as follows:
- Application Cover
- Current resume or resume
- A personal statement
- Copy of doctorate or highest degree.
- Sample of the most recent research publication.
- If you have already secured a promise to host a fellowship at a university or other institution, submit a letter from the organizer stating your intention. This is not required.
To begin the evaluation of your application, the IIE-SRF must receive the application cover, current resume, transcript and personal statement. The rest of the material can be sent later.
All applications submitted to the IIE-SRF must be original and original, depending on the applicant's specific academic background and situation. IIE-SRF does not accept academic or personal statements that share the same language as other applicant's statements on IIE-SRF. Any language or background information borrowed from the Internet or other external sources must be cited to cite the original source.
Submit all applications by email [email protected] If you do not have access to the email, you can send the material by fax or mail.
Scholarly Rescue Fund
International Education Institute
809 United Nations Square
New York, NY 10017-3580
United States of America
Fax: + 1-212-205-6425
See the FAQ for more information. IIE-SRF.