Deadline: December 2, 2019
Does AI dream of tulips? Can you translate an intimate kiss into neural feedback data? What does the ultimate species for the end of the world look like? Within the framework of the European Media Artist Residency Exchange program, there are some questions that artists playfully explore through new technologies, from digital media to bioart and robotics.
The European Media Art Platform (EMAP) is calling for a residency application in 2020 and 2021. The European Media Art Platform will provide EMARE (Residence Exchange's European Media Artist) residency for artists working in the field of digital media on the Internet, sound or video art, media based performance and computer based art of robotics or bio art.
- EMARE also includes grants of 3,000 euros, project budgets of 4,000 euros, free accommodation, travel expenses of up to 500 euros, free access to the host's technical facilities and media labs, consultations and professional presentations by production and market experts. As an option to participate in an exhibition tour at the 2020-2021 Member Festival
- Applicants must be EU residents and taxpayers in EU member states.
- Undergraduate and master's students are not eligible (PhD is allowed), but emerging artists are encouraged to apply, regardless of age.
The upcoming call covers the residence stays of 11 famous European media art institutions in 2020 and 2021.
European artists can apply for a project proposal for residence at one of the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
- Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- IMPAKT Media Cultural Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijon, Spain
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia
- WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
- Berklitz Media Arts Center, Halle, Germany
The application must be submitted online and include a CV (audio) visual document of the previous work and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE program.
For more information visit: EMARE.