Deadline: October 31, 2019
apply Chivas Venture Competition It is now open for social entrepreneurs 2020. Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs using business to solve social and / or environmental issues. Since 2014, Chivas has been funding and mentoring entrepreneurs who use their business to solve the world's largest social and environmental issues.
Chivas Ventures does not donate $ 1 million in funds to social entrepreneurs each year, but mixes interests for the purpose of making a positive impact on the world. They are looking for entrepreneurs on a mission to solve the world's largest social and environmental problems. If you created your business to make positive changes, we would love to hear from you.
Finalists participate in a program consisting of a series of lectures, workshops and / or coaching sessions that will help develop and further promote the business, which will be held in the UK in March or April 2020 (exact date and location) 2019 Confirmed and added to the CBL website by October 31).
Global competition consists of three phases:
- Accelerator program;
- Voting Period: Includes US $ 100,000 allocation of funds on the basis of consumer voting for three consecutive weeks between February and May 2020. Voting Period”); and
- The Chivas Ventures Global Finals from March to June 2020 consist of three quarters: the quarter finals, semifinals and grand finals.
- Share of one million dollars
- If you choose to participate in the global finals, you will have the opportunity to secure a million dollars. Each finalist can tell you how much money you want and how you believe it will have a big impact on your business.
- The first $ 100,000 of the fund will be allocated by the public through three weeks of online voting. The finalist with the most votes receives $ 50,000. The next five finalists with the most votes receive $ 10,000 each.
- The remaining $ 900,000 of the fund will be allocated by the judges in the Global Final:
- $ 750,000 will be distributed to the final runner-up in fifth place in the grand final
- $ 150,000 will be shared among five semifinalists
- 8/10 of finalists failing to advance to the finals – Final Finals – see terms and conditions for details.
We are pleased to partner with The Conduit in London, UK, to provide a mentoring program for those who enter the global finals. The event will be held in March 2019 and will provide finalists with the opportunity to hone their business and pitching skills and learn from world-class professionals.
- Global impressions
Finalists from around the world will be featured on the Chivas Venture website, and international campaigns can reach millions of people around the world through PR and social media, providing incredible exposure to business.
- Local awards
Chivas Venture is an international competition and some participating countries may offer additional awards. Please check your local terms and conditions for details.
- The founder, co-founder or key decision maker must apply on behalf of the business and represent it at all stages of the competition.
- Business representatives must be 21 years of age or older (as of October 31, 2019), speak fluent English to participate in the accelerator program and speak English.
- In the country where the location is located, it is necessary to register the startup as a profit organization. It accepts items from the seed stage (before profit), the beginning stage and the growth stage, earning up to $ 1.5 million annually (measured from September 1, 2018 to September 1, 2019).
Candidates must compete in one of the participating countries to participate in the global finals and secure a $ 1 million stake. Your business must be registered in one of the following countries:
- The Granite City
- South Africa
- United States of America
All submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Market Opportunities and Needs (Are there big social or environmental issues to solve and are you closing the market gap?)
- Business Models and Teams (Do you have the right solution and team to make money while leading?)
- Measurable social impact (does it have a transformational impact and measure it?)
- Extensibility Potential (Can you expand and end the problem of changing or solving a million lives?)
- Treasury (Do you have a sound financial outlook and will Chivas Venture funds be a catalyst for growth and impact?)
- Representative sound quality and enthusiasm (only in final stage)
In short, they are looking for a business that has the potential to succeed and make a profit, and it can prove that having a positive impact is the key to a business venture.
- applyThey are looking for innovative startups that use business to solve social or environmental issues. Do not wait when you hear it. Complete your profile and fill out the application below.
- Choose to represent your country: Each application will be reviewed and the top candidates from each participating country will be selected as the finalists. They work with Oxford University's Skoll Social Entrepreneurship Center to select the most promising entries. You will be invited to invite your business to a panel of experts who will select a national winner to compete in the global final.
- Listen to your story: During the three-week online voting period, the first $ 100,000 of Chivas Venture Fund will be made available to the public. It will be an opportunity to inspire people around the world and encourage them to support their startups.
- Global final pitch The Chivas Venture 2020 will end in a series of stadiums where finalists can fight for the remaining $ 1 million of funds. Opportunities are available in front of expert judges, as well as a live audience of business professionals, influencers, and changers.
Click here to apply
For more information visit: Chivas Venture.