Deadline: October 13, 2019
We have received a request to submit a dissertation for the World Bank Group Land and Poverty Conference 2020. This year's conference topics include: Scheme for equity and resilience. The meeting will be held in Washington, DC, March 16-20, 2020.
The 2020 Land and Poverty Conference presents the latest research and innovations in policies and best practices on land management around the world. The conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance that attracts more than 1,400 participants from government, academia, civil society and the private sector.
- Academic Economic Research Quantitative Impact Assessment
- Data-driven land policy; Geospatial / ML / AI data innovation
- Land policy reforms and structural changes; political economy
- Land (rental) market
- Land tenure safety and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; Alienation in society
- Tenure rights and resilience; weather change; Natural resource management
- Large land acquisitions; State Land Management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; Land acquisition
- Property Tax and Land Value Capture
- Digital development and land information and management; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reform, institutional innovation, sustainability; Financial improvement
- Mobilization for global policy and contract land transparency
- Open to participants in government, academia, civil society and the private sector around the world.
The abstract selection for the presentation is made through a double-blind peer review process. The standard is
- Relevance of Meeting by Subject
- Innovative and new
- Evidence-Based and Methodological Conformance
- The importance of a policy, intervention or research agenda; and
- Clarity of the proposal.
The abstract should be between 800 and 1500 words, written anonymously, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
Submit your abstract for verbal presentation of individual papers, posters, or master classes by ConfTool by October 13, 2019 (see instructions on how to create a new user account and how to submit an abstract).
For more information visit: World Bank Group.