Deadline: September 22, 2019
Application was invited to the video editor position in BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) Africa. BBC World Services has set off on an exciting journey with an unprecedented investment in producing multimedia content for African audiences. The investment includes a series of high-impact television programs and digital outputs produced at Nairobi's production hub.
Your role as a video editor plays an important role in helping the BBC's content reach marginalized viewers, such as Africa's young, womeny and diverse demographics. If necessary, work with African TV program teams, Nairobi stakeholders, London's TVU, and other teams to assemble video and related sound inputs from all sources into partner stations, WS TV, video, and digital outlets.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for video editors to join Nairobi's BBC African team. Basic responsibilities include picture and sound editing to support multilingual, multimedia, and multi-platform reports. Record incoming photos and sounds from all sources, regions, and remote locations and segment them for transmission.
- Applicants must have a thorough understanding of live TV production techniques.
- Work effectively with your production team and understand their requirements, operations, and production.
- You need to understand the requirements for TV and online video output and how it fits the editorial suggestions and strategies of BBC World Service and BBC News. Intimate working knowledge of the latest versions of editing software and file transfer programs is essential.
- In addition to this, he has knowledge of the transmission procedure and talkback technology, as well as experience recording and transmitting pictures and sounds in all broadcast formats.
Click here to apply
For more information visit: BBC Africa.