Nalini Chidambaram is a senior Indian advocate for law in the Madras High Court and the Supreme Court of India. She is the wife of Chidambaram, Minister of Finance, India.
Wiki / biography
Nalini Chidambaram was born in 1946 (73 years old; As 2019) From Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She received primary education in Chennai from Viyodaya School and Stella Maris College. She holds a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Madras University. Her father was a judge at Madras High Court and she motivated her to pursue law as a career. She holds a Bachelor of Laws from Madras Law College.
Height (approx): 5 ′ 5 ″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Eye color: black
Hair color: black
Family, caste and husband
Nalini Chidambaram Hindu family of Kongu Vellalar Caste (Velalar Community). Her father, P.S. Kailasam was a retired Supreme Court judge. Her mother Soundara Kailasam was a Tamil poet and speaker. She has two sisters: Vimala Ramalingam (elder; pediatrician) and Padmini Sivasubramanian (young; farmer). She has an orthopedic surgeon, Sadayavel Kailasam.
Nalini met P. Chidambaram at the Madras University of the Faculty of Law and fell in love with him. Both parents did not agree to marry because they had different castes. Nalini and Chidambaram had to flee, and they married on December 11, 1968. They have a son Karti Chidambaram.
After completing his studies, Nalini wanted to practice the law under his senior advocate. She approached many senior lawyers, including her uncle, but all refused to train her. They said they didn't want girls juniors. After her marriage, she approached a lawyer named Dr.K.K along with P. Chidambaram. Venugopal. At first Venugopal was not interested in training her, but later agreed to train Nalini and Chidambaram together.
In the first few years, she was not very successful as a lawyer. She became distracted when she was newly married and, in a few years, gave birth to her son Karti Chidambaram. She resumed her career after taking a break after having a son. She worked hard and became a successful lawyer for many years. In 1990 she First woman appointed as a lawyer in the Madras Bar Association.
She soon started practicing at Madras High Court and later at the Indian Supreme Court. She specializes in cases involving income taxes and finances. She prefers to petition in writing rather than civil.
Nalini Chidambaram Going to Court
- In July 1992, she invested in companies involved in stock market fraud. Reportedly, she knew about fraud but still invested money rather than fraud. After it turned out, it turned into a major debate. Prime Minister Chitham Wind resigned as Minister of Commerce due to this debate.
- In 2005, she was appointed chief legal adviser to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Many political leaders raised the issue of her appointment in parliament, using his influence to appoint his wife, saying that the appointment was directly affected by the ministry of P. Chidambaram. The opposition also demanded resignation from the office.
- On September 21, 2014, the CBI named it Nalini in "Sharda Chit Fund Scam". Sharda Group said it was under consideration to pay her 1.40 Crores INR for a legal fee.
- On May 11, 2018, under the Black Money Act, the income tax department filed a claim against Nalini Chidambaram. The bill accused the UK of not revealing 5.37 Crores INR worth of property.
- On January 11, 2019, the CBI filed a bill with her, and she was summoned by an ED who participated in the “Sharda Chit Fund Scam”. She advised how to siphon money by accepting a bribe of 1.40 Crores INR from the Sharda Group of Companies. Reportedly, she began plotting with Sudipta Sen (owner of the Srada Group) and others with the intention of fraud and misuse of funds.
16, Pycrofts Garden Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Nalini Chidambaram, owned by Toyota Innova (2012 models)
Asset / Property
- 1437 gms Gold of 39.17 Lacs INR value, 52 kgs Diamond of 20.46 Lacs INR value and 76.61 carats of 22.98 Lacs INR value
- Worth of 2 Crores INR in Karnataka
- Shiba Ghana, 14 Lacs INR equivalent in Tamil Nadu
- 21.45 Lacs INR equivalent in Tamil Nadu Shiba Ghana
- Worth 45 Lacs INR in Shiba Ghana, Tamil Nadu
- Shiba River, worth 4.04 Crores INR in Tamil Nadu
- George Bagh, 16.05 Crores INR worth in New Delhi
- Her mother, Soundara Kailasam, was a famous Tamil poet and speaker. On October 16, 2010, when her mother passed away, many leaders of Tamil Nadu, including K. Karunanidhi, visited to pay their last respects.
- Nalini loves politics but does not want to participate in active politics.
- She was offered a judge several times, but refused. She often campaigns with her husband and once said she would lose her ability to speak freely about politics once she became a judge.
- In the interview she said:
I enjoy controversy So I decided to be a lawyer, not a judge. ”