Karti Chidambaram is an Indian politician and businessman. He is the son of famous Indian politician P. Chidambaram.
Wiki / biography
Karti Chidambaram was born on Tuesday, November 16, 1971 (47 years old; As in 2018) Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu. He received primary education at Don Bosco Excellence School in Chennai Igmore. In 1993, he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from the University of Texas at Austin, USA. In 1995, he earned a bachelor of law from the University of Cambridge.
I love grass tennis since childhood. He regularly participated in many tennis tournaments and won many competitions. Karti is the Vice President of the “Tamil Nadu Tennis Association”. He is also the vice president of the “All India Tennis Association”.
Height (approx): 5 minutes 11 seconds
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Eye color: Dark brown
Hair color: black
Family, caste and wife
Karti Chidambaram Nagara Tar Caste (Also known as Cheetah). His father P. Chidambaram is a prominent Indian politician. His mother, Nalini Chidambaram, is an advocate. He married Srinidi Rangarajan, a Bharatnatyam dancer and doctor at Apollo Hospitals. I have a daughter. Aditi Nalini Chidambaram.
Karti returned to India after completing research in 1996. His father, P. Chidambaram, wanted to join a law firm, but Karti joined a company called “Manali Petrochemicals Ltd.”. He was always interested in business and soon started many companies. He owns several companies in India and abroad.
When Karti returned from England, his father left the Indian Parliament and started his party. Tamil Manila Congress (TMC). He joined the party as a member and worked as his father's election manager. He ran for the 2014 general election in the Tamil Nadu Shivagana constituency but lost. In 2019, he again participated in the Rosava elections and won in the Tamil Nadu Shiba Ghana constituency. He was elected MP at 17th Lok Sabha.
- In May 2012, he was accused of being associated with a company called “Advantage Strategic Consulting” related to illegal financial transactions.
- In November 2014, Tamil Nadu parliamentary chairman EVKS Elangovan asked to share the internal issues of the party with the media.
- In January 2015, Karti praised the political insights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Tamil Nadu Parliamentary Committee criticized him for his statement.
- In April 2015, a company that Karti owned part of the “Vasan Healthcare Group” was surveyed by the Executive Bureau (ED). Reportedly, the company violates India's foreign direct investment policy and provides illegal help to a Mauritius-based investment company called Sequoia Capital India.
- In August 2015, ED summoned him in connection with the Aircel-Maxis incident.
- In December 2015, the ED and Income Tax Bureau raided his office to investigate Aircel-Maxis trading transactions. While investigating the Aircel-Maxis deal, I also found documents related to the deal for "INX Media" on CA's laptop.
- In February 2016, the Pioneer newspaper reported on his involvement in various international business activities and transactions, many of which were involved in tax havens.
- In April 2016, New Indian Express claimed that he owned the company "Advantage Strategic Consulting" through several pioneers (Benami).
- On May 16, 2017, the CBI booked Karti Chidambaram for cheating, corruption and violation of FDI policies in India.
- On February 28, 2018, he was arrested by the CBI's economic crime wing special team at Chennai Airport. He was accused of being rebounded from “INX Media” for several illegal transactions after P. Chidambaram was granted foreign direct investment of 305 Crores INR in INX Media.
- On October 11, 2018, ED captured many of Karti's real estate in India, the United Kingdom, and Spain. ED noted that it is worth 54 Crores INR and is related to the “INX Media” money laundering case.
Assets and properties
cash: 3.54 Lacs INR
Bank deposit: 6.60 CRO INR
bijouterie: Gold 40gms at 1.22 Lacs INR value and 3 carat diamond at 90,000 INR value
Farmland: Worth of 3.60 Crores INR in South Coorg, Karnataka
Commercial building: 95.48 Lacs INR equivalent in Chennai
Commercial building: 2.28 Crores INR equivalent in Cambridge, UK
Residential building: George Bagh, 16.05 Crores INR worth in New Delhi
Salary and Net Assets
salary: 1 Lac INR + Other Allowance (Lok Sabha Member)
Net worth: 79.37 Crores INR (Based on 2019)
- Karti Chidambaram loves reading books and playing lawn tennis. He is also the Secretary General of the Indian Tennis Players Association (ITPA).
- Controversy continues since Karti's business investment began.
- Whenever he receives a question from the media about his father's involvement in the "Aircel-Maxis" deal and the "INX Media" case, he is always falsely accused and BJP.
This is a political witch hunt. Outrageous media leaks are the preferred tactic dir It has nothing to do with INX or FIPB. All my assets and liabilities are duly declared in statutory and regulatory documents. Repeated this ad zone https://t.co/jBmkrxLNeX
— Karti P Chidambaram (@KartiPC) 21 August 2019