Horrific details of how India suppressing protests in occupied Kashmir

SRINAGAR: Rafiq Shagu's wife died when tear gas was broken through the window of the house, filling the room after the capture of IoK in the Indian prayer on Friday.

Now, as Indian authorities deny his troops, carrying out a blockade of more than two weeks in the Himalayan region, resulting in civilian deaths, he faces a vain quest to capture those in charge.

A spokesman said, “They (police) are not ready to take responsibility for death. We want an answer but we don't know where to get the definition.

In an interview with AFP, Shagu recalled a terrible incident on the afternoon of August 9, saying that his wife, Fehmeeda, was teaching two children in Srinagar, Kashmir, the largest city.

The BBC released a video showing thousands of protests against India on August 9, when it was captured by Kashmir.

Shagu said there was a small clash between government troops and protesters nearby, and police began firing tear gas and pepper shells into residential homes.

A conflict occurred four days after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi took over Kashmir's autonomy.

Professor Shagu said, “The smoke was so heavy that we couldn't see each other indoors. When the courage burst, there were three big bruises.

"How did we remove the children from the room and when she tried to get out of chaos she fell down. When we moved her out of the room, she raised unconsciousness and bubbles."

He said doctors took Fehmeeda to the hospital on a motorcycle that could not revive her.

According to AFP's medical report, she "inhales toxic gases from the torn gas shell," and the cause of death is "toxic lung damage."

-'No death'-

Indian authorities have tried to block all news from Kashmir, which has been occupied since the closure.

In addition to deploying additional troops, they blocked phones, cell phones and the Internet, but some landline phones were restored.

Officials say there is no convincing evidence that someone died as a result of Kashmir's closure, and only eight were injured.

However, several hospital sources said that at least 100 people were injured in the AFP and some were injured by firearms.

People who were treated at home and pelleted told AFP that other people would be arrested if they visited the hospital.

Unexplained death

The AFP also died of security forces violence while talking to two other relatives.

One of the reported victims is Usiab Ahmad, 15, who drowned on August 5.

His family said Ahmad was near the house when police used live ammunition, tore off gas shells, and protesters were chasing river banks where students drowned.

"His body came out five hours later in the water and his funeral was attacked by police," one of Ahmad's relatives, who could not be identified for security reasons, told AFP.

"They were afraid of more protests and were trying to take their body away," he said.

According to another family and neighbor, Mohammad Ayub Khan said on Saturday outside the house in downtown Srinagar, police fired tear gas canisters to break down small stone protesters.

In front of a 62-year-old wood merchant, two shells fell and fell on the road, bubbling from his mouth.

The father of the three daughters was declared dead in the hospital, but the police forcibly took over his body.

Only 10 families were allowed at funerals and burials that were under police surveillance at 10 pm.

His brother Shabir Ahmed Khan said, “Policemen threatened us that if we talked to the media or tried to make a procession we would throw our bodies in the river.

"We were led to the graveyard by four police cars," he said.

Khan's family visited the hospital several times to receive a death certificate, but the doctor ordered that the police did not.

Mr. Khan said, "His death is probably not recorded by the government, but we are martyrs."

"His death is another example of the cruelty of India."



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here