Foreign Ministry spokesman Dr. Mohammad Faisal said Thursday that Pakistan could close its airspace to India at the time it chooses, but so far, no decision has been made on the matter.
Addressing a weekly press conference, Dr. Faisal said the issue had been discussed at the highest level.
"It is one of the many options that are being considered, we can exercise it at the time we choose. A decision has not yet been made," he said.
The FO spokesman's comments come a day after Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi shared the same regarding the closure of Pakistan's airspace.
Read: There is still no decision on the closure of airspace to India: FM
Speaking to reporters, Qureshi had ruled out reports suggesting that airspace was closed to India as "speculative."
"A decision will be taken for this purpose after due consideration and consideration of each and every aspect of the movement through consultation," he said, adding that Prime Minister Imran Khan would have the final say.
The issue of airspace closure was first addressed by the Minister of Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry, who announced on Tuesday that the federal cabinet was considering restoring a total ban on the use of Pakistani airspace for Indian flights.
After an escalation in tensions between neighboring countries earlier this year, Pakistan had completely closed its airspace after the violation of its international limit and airspace by Indian fighter jets on February 26.
In March, it partially opened its airspace, but kept it prohibited for Indian flights.
After months of restrictions following the confrontation with India, Pakistan's airspace reopened in July.
India's actions in occupied Kashmir continue
At the beginning of his briefing today, Dr. Faisal said that the Indians occupied Jammu and Kashmir remained under siege and were isolated from the rest of the world for 25 consecutive days.
"These inhuman and unilateral actions of India continue without any respite despite censorship and international censorship," he said.
On August 5, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government stripped the cashmere of constitutional rights they had for seven decades through a hasty presidential order. An indefinite curfew was imposed on occupied Kashmir and elected leaders were placed under house arrest.
In response to a question about Pakistan's decision to bring the Kashmir dispute with India to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the FO spokesman said consultations with all interested parties were under way, adding that it was a "very delicate subject".
He said that a final decision had not yet been made.
Pakistan remains committed to Kartarpur
Dr. Faisal said a technical meeting on the Kartarpur corridor will take place tomorrow at Zero Point.
"India agreed with Pakistan's proposal and the technical meeting on the Kartarpur Sahib corridor will be held on August 30 at Zero Point."
"Pakistan remains committed to completing and inaugurating the Kartarpur Sahib corridor as announced by our prime minister," he added.