Simona Halep is a Romanian tennis player. She gained fame when she defeated Serena Williams in the 2019 mble Blind Final. She held the world's No. 1 position twice between 2017 and 2019 and held that position for 64 weeks.
Wiki / biography
Simona Halep was born on September 27, 1991 (28 years old; As 2019) in Constanța, Romania. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She is the Skoala Gimnaziala Nr. She attended Sportul Nicolae Rotaru (Sports School) in Constanta, Romania. She has undergraduate courses at the "Universitatea" Ovidius "Faculty in Constanta, Romania. Simona has been playing tennis since he was four years old.. She was inspired to see her brother play tennis. She started playing games regularly at age six.
Her mother wanted her to be a successful tennis star and when Simona was ten It was Tania's wish to see her win in mble bladen. Simona was very good at research. She liked mathematics and once told her that she would be a mathematician if not a tennis player.
Height (approx): 5 ′ 6 ″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Eye color: Moss green
Hair color: Medium ash blonde
Numerical measurement (approx.): 34-28-36
Simona Halep Aromania Tax. Her father, Steere Halep, is a football player and runs a dairy factory. Her mother, Tania Halep, is a homemaker. She has a brother, Nicolae Halep. Simona is single.
Simona started her career in 2008. She began to play at Notting Hill tennis club and participated in the Australian Open Junior Championship but lost. In May she scored Winner of the 2008 Trofeo Bonfiglio Cup. She once again won the & # 39; Roland Garros Junior Championship & # 39; in June.
He also started the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Senior Development Tournament. She won the $ 20,000 tournament and the $ 25,000 tournament. In 2009 she underwent breast reduction surgery. Later, she said that she did so to play better. Because it caused her discomfort. She said that the surgery helped her quickly and agile and helped her get a quick reflex during the game. She considers it the biggest sacrifice.
In 2010, she participated in tournaments such as the Australian Open, Barcelona Ladies Open, French Open, WTA Tours and US Open. She did not win any of them, but reached the final of the French Open. It was her first grand slam tournament. In 2011 she participated in tournaments such as "ASB Classic, Australian Open, Estoril Open, mble Bolden Champion," BCR Open Romania Ladies, Rogers Cup, American Open, and "BGL Luxembourg Open Single. Reached only the first and third rounds.
In 2012, Simona lost in the first round of the Australian Open, the third round of the Indian Wells Masters and Miami Masters, the quarterfinals of the Barcelona Open, the semifinals of the Fes Cup and the semifinals of the French Open. 2013 was a turning point in Halep's career. She participated in the "Italian Open", defeating the world's No 4 and No. 1 players worldwide. She was eventually defeated by Serena Williams, but her performance helped her climb the top 50. She continued to win the Nuremberg Berger Versicherungscup and Topshelf Open. She became the first Romanian to win two consecutive titles on different surfaces. She won the New Haven Open and was in the top 20. Won the Kremlin Cup in October 2013. In 2013, he became the only player to win the title on clay, grass, hard, indoor courts. In November 2013, she won the sixth title in the & # 39; Garanti Koza WTA Tournament of Champions. It made her world 11 The only player to win six WTA titles in a year after Steffi Graf.
In the Australian Open in 2014, she made her first quarterfinals at the Grand Slam event. She lost the quarterfinals but was in the top ten in the WTA rankings. She became the third Romanian woman to reach the top ten. On February 16, he won the Qatar Open and finished fifth. Halle had to withdraw from the Italian Open in 2014 due to injury. In June 2014, she participated in the French Open and reached the final. Simona is the only player to reach the end of the Grand Slam event without losing a single set since Martina Hingis. But she lost in the Maria Sharapova finals.
She has participated in the 2014 Western & Southern Open, US Open, and WTA Finals, but has been kicked out of the tournament in quarterfinals, third rounds, and finals, respectively. In the second round of the WTA finals, she surprised everyone by defeating defense champion Serena Williams. She reached the final but lost to Serena Williams.
In 2015, she won the henShenzhen Open and Dubai Open. In March 2015, she committed suicide by listening to her cousin Nicia Arghit while in the Indian Wells Masters. She was very nervous but didn't end the tournament. She eventually gave the title to her cousin. She was one of her favorite players at the French Open in 2015 but lost in the second round. In the Rogers Cup in 2015, he made the finals but suffered leg injuries during the match and had to withdraw due to extreme heat. She ended this year with the world's No 2 and her top ranking. Top wins of 40 wins and 10 losses.
In 2016, Halep did not participate in several tournaments due to injury. She participated and won the Madrid Open. It helped her come back to the top five in the WTA rankings. She won the 2016 Rogers Cup and reached the doubles final with her partner Monica Nikulescu. In 2017, she withdrew from the St. Petersburg Women's Trophy and the Romanian Fed Cup due to a foot injury. In 2017 she Achieved the world's No. 1 in a year at the Grand Slam tournament.
2018 She won her first double title with partner Irina-Camelia Begu. From Shenzhen Open. She won the 2018 French Open after participating in two French Open finals in previous performances. She played other tournaments but did not perform well. She was ranked number one in the world for two consecutive years.
She started the 2019 season without a coach. Her former coach, Darren Cahill, has spent the past three years as a coach, taking a break from coaching and focusing on the family. She eventually teamed up with Daniel Dobre as a coach. I have participated in the Sydney Open, Australian Open, Qatar Open, Indian Wells Masters, Miami Open, French Open, Eastbourne International in 2019, but all have lost. In 2019, she reached the first mble bledon final and had to face seven times champion Serena Williams. Simona dominated the game with a score of 6-2, 6-2 and only made three forced errors. The match ended in 56 minutes and she won the first mble blund title. Simona Halep is the first Romanian player to win a mble blund..
Awards, honors and achievements
- The most advanced player on the ESPN Center Court in 2013
- 2013 Women's Tennis Association Best Player of the Year Award
- Most clicked player on WTATennis.com in 2014 and 2015
- Cetățean de Onoare (Honorary Citizen) 2018 Bucharest Cigar Award in Romania
- 2013 WTA Best Player Award
- WTA Player of the Year 2018
- 2018 ITF World Champion
Simona Haleb Signature
Favorite tennis player: Justin Hennin, Andrey Pavel, Roger Federer
favorite food: Singapore Chicken Rice
Favorite place: Paris
Favorite exercise: yoga
25 million dollars (As of 2019)
Simona Halep owns the Mercedes AMG C 63S Cabriolet, Mercedes GLE 450 AMG, Mercedes CLS AMG, Porsche 911 Carrera GTS (winning the WTA Finals) and Range Rover.
- Simona's hometown is in Constanta, Romania, but at the age of 16 he moved to Bucharest, the capital of Romania, focusing on training.
- Simona exercises every day and is very strict. She says that at least one hour of exercise is her necessity, but she never lifts weight, because she does not want the body to be bulky.
- In an interview, she said she grew up idolizing Justine Henin and Andrei Pavel. Roger Federer is one of her favorites, but not her idol.
- In the interview she said she was very shy. She calls herself an introvert. She hated being in front of people, warming herself up alone before matches or training. She did not want people to see her.
- She thinks that taller will be a better player. She considers herself short for a tennis match. Simona Halep is the shortest player in the mble blund title.
- Simona is managed by Virginia Ruzici. Virginia is a former Romanian tennis player and the only Romanian to win the French Open.
- Simona has played for a long time, but has reached 17 major tournament finals, but has only won two Grand Slam titles in his career.
- Simona was not very comfortable playing on the grass court. In Romania there was only clay market and no experience. When I started practicing on the lawn before the tournament, I often fell down and got injured.
- Simona loves playing golf and soccer in his free time. She also likes ice skating.
- She is an animal lover, often visits places around her and where she can interact with animals.
- In one interview, she asked if staying for the tournament affected her family. She replied early that she ran home whenever the time arrived. She joked that her nephew was born and no longer so important at home and likes to spend time every time she goes home.