Mithali Raj is an Indian cricketer and is known for being the highest scorer in women's international cricket. She is often rated "#Lady Friend".
Wiki / biography
Mithali Raj was born December 3, 1982 as & # 39; Mithali Dorai Raj & # 39 ;. (36 years old, as of 2018) In Jodhpur City of Rajasthan. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She attended Keyes High School for Girls in Secunderabad and completed intermediate studies at Kasturba Gandhi Junior College for Women in West Marredpally (Secunderabad).
Height (approx): 5 minutes 4 seconds
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Numerical measurement (about): 34-28-34
Eye color: black
Hair color: black
Family, caste and boyfriend
Mithali Raj belongs to the Tamil family. Her father Dorai Raj is a former civil servant of the Indian Air Force and worked for Andhra Bank. Her mother Leela Raj worked in Lawrence and Mayo's engineering equipment department. She has a brother named Mithun Raj.
Mithali Raj made his 1st international debut against Ireland in Milton Keynes on June 26, 1999, with 114 undefeated defeats. She made her test debut against South Africa on January 14, 2002 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Mitali made his T20 debut against England in Derby on August 5, 2006. She announced her retirement at T20 Internationals on September 3, 2019.
Jersey Number: # 3 (India)
Blow style: right hand
Bowling Style: Legbreak
Favorite Shots: Cover drive
Domestic / State Team
- Jorti Prasad
- R. S. R. Mercy
- She participated in cricket management and debates due to her attitude toward the game at the 2018 ICC Women & # 39; s World T20. In a letter to BCCI, Mitali blamed Ramesh Powar and BCCI COA member Diana Edulji for being biased toward her not included in the T20 World Cup semi-finals. Lamesh threatened to retire from cricket when he criticized her and asked him to give him a batting order. “Even though I was a senior player on the team, I entered minimal information at the team meeting. She could not understand and adapt the team plan. She ignored her role and hit her milestone. Failure to maintain the momentum to exert additional pressure on others. ”
- Harmanpreet Kaur, a relationship between US Harley and Captain T-20, is said to be nervous.
Achievements / Records
- Highest score in women's international cricket.
- In 2002 Taunton scored his second highest score in a women's test cricket in 214 British matches in his second and final test.
- The first female cricketer to score for seven consecutive years in ODI. Overall, Javed Miandad is the only player with nine or more 50 scores in a row.
- In July 2017, she jumped over to Charlotte Edwards (5992) in England for the highest score in the female ODI.
- The first female cricketer to play 200 ODI.
- First Indian and fifth place female cricketer to score more than 1,000 times in the World Cup.
- The most consecutive women's day for the team is international (109).
- The only player (male / female) to occupy India in the finals of the ICC ODI World Cup at least twice in 2005 and 2017.
- On February 1, 2019, in the Indian series against New Zealand women, she became the first woman to play 200 ODI matches.
- First woman to win the Wisden Indian Cricketer in 2015
- First female cricketer with more than 20 years of international experience. She achieved her feat in the first ODI of the three-game series between India and South Africa at Vadodara on October 9, 2019.
Awards and Honors
- 2003 Arjuna Award
- Padma Shree 2015
- Wisden Indian Cricketer in 2015
- Youth Sport Icon Excellence Award at the 2017 Chennai Radiance Wellness Conclave
- Vogue 10th Anniversary in 2017 Vogue Sportsperson of the Year
- Listed on the BBC 100 Women List 2017
- food: Tofu rice, shrimp curry
- books: Essential Lumi of Coleman Barks
- Dance form: Barata Nati Cancer
She earns medicine. 50 Lakh every year.
- Mithali's mother Leela says that Mithali's position is a total coincidence on the cricket. As she grew up, she followed her sister, Mitoon, whatever she did. Soon after, she was named St. John & # 39; s Cricket Academy began to get interested in cricket by bringing his brother to a 6 am coaching class.
- Mithun and other boys practiced, but Mithun's coach Jyoti Prasad often played cricket over time with the six-year-old Mithali.
- Jyoti Prasad recognized Mithali Raj's cricket technique, suggesting that he should focus on Mithali instead of his son instead of his father. Jyoti offered his parents a coach at the National Institute of Sports called Sampath Kumar.
- After that, she joined Sampath Kumar's Women's Cricket Sports Glory Club for about two months to notice her.
- Mithali's parents did not take Sampath Kumar seriously when he said that Mithali was likely to play for the country. Sampath told his parents with too much confidence in Mithali's technology
Mithali is a country-specific material. I can challenge as a coach. But as parents, you need it too. Then you can only work. She wants to play in the country when she is 14 years old. Sachin Tendulkar has a record, why not make this girl? ”
- At the age of nine, she was selected for the week in the lower junior tournament under the mentoring of Sampath Kumar. She was the youngest to do so.
- Mithali made his first match outside his hometown, where he was selected as a junior and was expected to travel to Jalandhar, 2000 km away.
- Since then, she began to enter and leave the house for more than 15-20 days a month, traveling all over the country.
- After a while, she continued to be selected for the middle school and senior team.
- At every step, Mitali's parents stood next to her, and the mother resigned from work to take care of Mitali's meals, and the coach asked her parents not to take the trip to Mitali by public transport. I drove to practice.
- When the World Cup approached in 1997, Mitali (age 14) was chosen as likely. But she can't make it to the team.
- Then began to represent the domestic team, first AIR India, railway.
- Sadly, when Mithali made his ODI debut, the coach didn't see his prediction come true when he died in an accident two years ago.
- Her first love was dancing, but he chose crickets over him. She played Bharatanatyam until class 8.
- She loves reading and often takes time to read stories and novels.
- In October 2017, Mithali appeared on the cover of Vogue India Magazine with Shah Rukh Khan and Nita Ambani.
- She is an avid fan of Amitabh Bachchan and starred in the TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati in September 2017.
- After reaching the finals of the 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup, Mitali and her team were applauded by many senior figures, including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- In 2017, Viacom 18 got the right to make a biopick in his life. When asked about the choice of actresses in the film, “I think Priyanka Chopra is a good choice.”